The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulates the processing and use of personal data. It aims to protect your rights relative to your personal data by setting out, amongst other things, the conditions under which the processing of personal data is lawful, the rights of data subjects, and the standards that organisations that handle personal data must adopt.
- Who we are
- How we collect personal data
- The types of consumer data with which we work
- Why we collect and process personal data
- Who we share your data and information with
- Contacting us
1.Who we are
Luxsphere Magazine is a digital platform featuring award-winning hotels, restaurants, destination guides, beautiful travel photography, unique experiences, events around the world.
2. How we collect personal data
We collect information from you when you register with us in any way on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, provide feedback, fill out a form or enter a competition on the Luxsphere website.
3.The types of consumer data with which we work
Luxsphere will only use data that you have provided us through the website. This will be limited to data which is deemed “non-sensitive” personal information by the ICO and may include:
– Email Address
– Purchasing preferences
– Lifestyle preferences
Luxsphere will not collect or use personal sensitive data, financial or bank data, or knowingly collect data of any sort on individuals under the age of 18.
4. Why we collect and process personal data
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, subscribe to our magazines, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey, competition or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
– To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
– To improve our website in order to better serve you
– To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
– To administer a competition, promotion, survey or other site feature
– To quickly process your transactions
– To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
5. Who we share your data and information with
Any information we hold will never be sold to any third parties. Only if the business is sold or integrated with another business will your details be passed on to the new owners.
Where we provide a direct link to another business, brand or product website, you may link directly to that website but do so at your own risk, and any data collected after that stage is subject to the cookies and conditions of the website owner, and are no longer the responsibility of Luxsphere.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
6.1 The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookies. This site offers a newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Site preferences cookies. In order to provide you with a great experience on this site, we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
6.2 Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve to advertise uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; facebook, instagram, pinterest will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.