Trending Dalgona coffee everyone is making
Dalgona coffee has gained popularity recently and quickly become the drink of the pandemic. This sugary concoction is named after a Korean sweet called dalgona (also known as ppopgi) and started trending on TikTok thanks to a few South Korean influencers.
This photogenic frothy coffee has been around for quite some time in other countries. In Greece this delicious coffee goes by the name of frappe and beaten coffee in India. The most amazing thing about this coffee is that you only need 3 main ingredients, most of which you’re already likely to have in your cupboard. Instant coffee, milk and sugar!
It is not only the perfect caffeine fix, it is also pleasing on the eye and fun way to jazz up your regular coffee. This quick and easy coffee recipe only take about 5 minutes, giving you a creamy 2 toned coffee drink.
To make Dalgona coffee you will need:
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp of sugar (sugar can be increased or decreased to suit your taste)
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 400ml milk
- Add instant coffee, sugar and hot water into a mixing bowl, whip these ingredients together with a whisk
- Continue mixing until the mixture turns to frothy/creamy consistency. It should also be light brown in colour.
- Pour milk into a glass, you can use ice with the cold milk or use warm milk.
- Spoon the whipped coffee mixture on top of the milk
- Dalgona coffee is ready to be served
You can have it like this or top it with cinnamon or if you fancy giving it a boozy kick you can also add Baileys with the milk.
Dalgona coffee goes perfectly with brownies or any any other baked goodies.